Monday, 22 August 2016

Dear Parents/Guardians,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to a new year at Ascot. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your child throughout the coming year. As your son or daughter’s teacher, it is my goal to help him/her become a confident learner and I will do my best to help make this year a positive experience for your child.

This year we will be reading a variety of texts including reading books, newspapers, nonfiction articles, chapter books and poetry.  We will also have a reading log the children will take home to record the books they have read as part of their weekly homework. In English, we will practice grammar skills weekly and occasionally the children will have grammar homework. In Maths, we will continue to use Abacus for homework and the children will be required to learn some of their times tables as part of the Year 3 Maths curriculum. 

We will continue to study our foundation subjects through units of inquiry. The children will practice their research and inquiry skills and become more independent in their learning. In addition, the children will be given inquiry homework where appropriate. 

The children are required to bring their P.E. Kit every Monday and swimming kit every Wednesday. Every child should have a hat to wear at play time. If the children do not bring in a hat they are not allowed to pay at break times. If the children do not bring in their swimming kit they are not allowed to play at play time. 

In regards to communication, email is preferred but if you would ever like to speak over the phone or in person, please do not hesitate to make an appointment. Communication is key and I'm always available to discuss matters relating to your child's education.

Finally, I would like to say just how excited I am to begin the academic year. I look forward to meeting each of you in person and working in partnership with you throughout the coming year. If you have any questions now or at any time in the future, don’t hesitate to contact me at the school at kniveton@ascot.ac.th 

Sincerely,

Miss Kniveton

No comments:

Post a Comment